This message was sent to ##Email##
After a long six months of anticipation for America's family physicians, HHS released the long-awaited final rule that will implement the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA).
The final rule addresses concerns from family physicians about complexity, administrative burdens and technology. And the rule provides for $20 million in funding spread over five years to help train and educate physicians and other Medicare providers.
Read more on AAFP.org.
In light of the recent MACRA Final Rule release, you will want to be informed of the latest news. KAFP has partnered with Aledade and the Colorado AFP to offer our members a free Final Rule MACRA webinar on Dec. 6 at two different times: 12:15 and 5:15. It will be an appropriate webinar for you and your staff.
Plan to attend! KAFP is pleased to offer a Knowledge Self-Assessment (KSA) Group Learning Session on December 2 in Wichita.
Date: Friday, December 2, 2016
Time: 1 - 5 p.m.
Place: KU School of Medicine
Family Medicine Conference Room, #3011
1010 N. Kansas, Wichita KS 67214
Faculty: Sheryl Beard, MD, FAAFP
Module: Pain Management
or call 316-721-9005.
Registration fee is $150 for members/ $250 for non-members
The Kansas Academy of Family Physicians (KAFP) is seeking nominations for the 2017 Kansas Family Physician of the Year award. The deadline for receipt of nominations is Dec. 30.
Each year the KAFP awards one family physician the prestigious title of Kansas Family Physician of the Year on the basis of the criteria noted below.
Nominees must be family physician members in good standing, licensed to practice in Kansas, and actively practicing family medicine at least half time.
- Provides his/her patients with compassionate, comprehensive, and caring family medicine on a continuing basis.
- Enhances the quality of his/her community by being directly and effectively involved in community affairs and activities.
- Acts as a credible role model professionally and personally to his/her community, to other health professionals, and residents and medical students.
- Stands out among his/her colleagues.
You can submit your nomination by one of four ways:
The KAFP will honor the recipient at its Annual Meeting, June 8-10, 2017 at the Marriott Hotel Wichita. The recipient will be nominated for the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Family Physician of the Year award.
Calling all medical students and residents! Are you interested in presenting a poster at a statewide meeting? Are you working on a research project, case study or literature review? This could all come together for you in the 2017 Annual Meeting Poster Presentations! KAFP and KAFP-Foundation invite you to submit an abstract for research, a case study or a literature review for the 2017 Poster Presentation at the Annual Meeting, Saturday, June 10, 2017, at the Wichita Marriott Hotel. The purpose of the presentation is to:
A $100 participation stipend will be provided for all Poster Session participants. For guidelines and application, click here. To be considered, your completed abstracts must be received by Friday, Feb. 27, 2017. For additional information, contact Carolyn Gaughan, CAE, Executive Vice President, at 721.9005 or by email email@example.com.
- Promote scholarly activity among medical students, family medicine residents, and fellows
- Provide a venue for recognition of original work
- Provide quality education at the KAFP Annual Meeting
The 8th annual World Pneumonia Day will be held Nov. 12. World Pneumonia Day was established in 2009 to:
Pneumonia is one of the most solvable problems in global health, yet a child dies from pneumonia every 20 seconds. Visit the World Pneumonia Day website to see how you can help in the effort to end child pneumonia worldwide. An advocacy toolkit for 2016 is available on StopPneumonia.org.
- Raise awareness about pneumonia, the world's leading killer of children under the age of five
- Promote interventions to protect against, prevent, and treat pneumonia
- Generate action to combat pneumonia
Join us in celebrating National Rural Health Day on November 17!
Here are two ways you can participate:
1. Honor a rural provider or community organization by submitting their story to NOSORH's Community Stars!
Nominate a Community Star who have made a positive impact on their local community, brought services that may not have been there before, shown local leadership, demonstrated a long term commitment to improve rural health, have been a dependable partner or have helped make a change for better health, ensured access to care, or championed innovation in rural communities.
Find more information or submit your story here!
Find more resources here to help you and your organization make the most of this National Rural Health Day, and help us celebrate the power of rural!
2. Share your photos of the beauty of rural Kansas by entering the Rural Kansas Photography Contest sponsored by the Kansas Recruitment and Retention Center!
Submit your photos as a professional or amateur photographer and help promote the rich history and beauty of Kansas. Choose from six categories: Community Landmarks, Four Seasons, Health Care, Heartland Adventures, Wildlife and Critters, and Winter Holiday. The contest runs from Sept. 1 through Oct. 16.
Submit your photos and view past winners here!
7701 Las Colinas Ridge, Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063