This message was sent to ##Email##
|Thank You, T.J. Snow Co., Inc.
The Austin D. Lucas Scholarship fund has received a generous donation of $2,000 from the proceeds of the machine auctioned off for the benefit of ADLSF by Tom Snow and his company.
"The scholarship program is a wonderful benefit for MDNA member companies and the children of our employees are the big winners when we contribute. Which one of you is next?" – Tom Snow, T. J. Snow Co., Inc.
|WEBINARS — Join the next Webinar!
Electric Discharge Machining (EDM)
Webinar Lunch & Learn
Tuesday, Jan. 19, 12:00 noon-1 p.m. EST with Presenter, Scott Buth, Alternative Machine Tool, LLC
Learn more or Sign up here
|MDNA's 75th Annual Convention and Business Meeting
The meeting is May 5th-8th, 2016, at The Broadmoor, located in the heart of one of the most beautiful and historic places on Earth in the Pikes Peak region of Colorado Springs, Colorado. Book Your Rooms Now With These Special MDNA Group Room Rates.
|Just Published — in the Member's Only Back Office
2015 4TH QUARTER AUCTION Reports
Available in the Member's Only Back Office under Resources> Auction Database
You must login to view this information
Below is a company who has applied for membership in the MDNA. If approved at the chapter level, the board of directors will vote on them at an upcoming meeting. If you have any questions or comments, or if you have done business with them, please contact MDNA at +1 703 836 9300.
Northeast Precision Machinery, Inc. — Regular
Address: 410 Camars Drive, Warminster, PA 18974
Principal(s): Glenn Weiss
Specialty: CNC Mills and Lathes, Manual Lathes, Mills, Grinders, Saws
Sponsors: Automatics & Machinery Co., Inc.; Quaker City Auctioneers Inc.
All members are encouraged to attend Chapter meetings and are invited to attend not only local meetings but any Chapter meeting or event of interest when convenient.
The following is an upcoming Chapter event. Click on the Chapter meeting for more details:
SAVE THE DATE - MILWAUKEE/MINNEAPOLIS CHAPTER — February 11
Be heard as an industry expert
The MDNA Public Relations Committee is looking for talented writers to submit useful technical style articles aimed at MDNA customers on used machinery & equipment to be published on MDNA.org. All members with any experience writing are encouraged to participate. You and your company name will be credited in the byline and linked back to your website. Read more about this here. Check out the first of these articles published on MDNA here.
Have you made your New Year's Resolutions yet for 2016?
If you have not, now's the time to Resolve to do the following in the New Year!
If you would like to discuss the advantages of putting a display ad in our directory and online or have never advertised with Locator Services before, simply call Jim Bowman at 703-683-5957 or email JBowman@locatoronline.com. He would be happy to help you round out your sales and marketing strategy and discuss which products and services would work best for you. He can also advise you on your email marketing needs and schedule an online demo of our CIMS System for you.
- Increase your listings and display ads in the Locator Print Directory.
- With over 100,000 copies in distribution our print directory is still the industry standard when it comes to hard copy directories of used machinery. Make sure all of your machines are listed and create brand awareness for your company with a Display Ad in the categories that best represent your inventory.
- Feature your listings and add a Banner at Locatoronline.com.
- You are the expert in your machine category so why not let people know it? When people go to your machine categories make it easier to find your listings by featuring them and let them know you're the expert in that arena with a banner ad. Do it now and let the 60,000-70,000 people who visit Locatoronline.com each month know that you are the dealer to see when it comes to used machinery!
- Promote your special events and inventory through Locator's Email Marketing Services!
- We have 40,000+ end users in the metalworking industry that are just waiting to hear about your Asset Liquidation, Auction or Special Inventory items. Just choose whether shared space in our End User List Email or dedicated space in our Custom Email makes the most sense for your project and then we will introduce you to over 40,000 of our closest friends.
- Automate your business with our Customer & Inventory Management System (CIMS)!
- With over 40 sites and nearly 150 users, we've been selling and supporting the best system in the industry for more than 15 years now! With our recent server upgrade, we're ready to double our user base in the months ahead. With a new release right around the corner there's never been a better time to say "Out with the old and in with the new" so make 2016 the year you get rid of your antiquated system and implement a CIMS system that will allow you to access and manage your business from anywhere.
It is with deep sadness that I inform you that Anthony "Ted" Gutowski, the former Administrative Manager and Regional Sales Manager of Industrial Machinery News (1963-1983) and the father of Adam Gutowski, of MDNA Member firm Williams & Lipton Company passed away on December 18.
For further information see: Neely - Turowski Funeral Home in Livonia, MI
Please extend your thoughts and prayers to the family.
Members share valuable lessons learned from 2015 as we head into the New Year! Read what they shared (originally published on MDNA's Facebook) here.
Not following MDNA on Facebook yet? Check us out here and see what you are missing!
Machinery and Appraisal Company, LLC
7051 Highway 70 S #103
Nashville, TN 37221
Please visit our Calendar of Events page here!
Manufacturing activity contracted for the second straight month in December as a strong dollar, a weak global economy and low oil prices continued to hamper the industry.
An index of factory activity fell to 48.2 from 48.6, the Institute for Supply Management said. A reading above 50 means the sector is expanding; below 50 indicates contraction. Economists expected a rise to 49.
Las Vegas Sun
Can this sector be saved? We often hear sentiments such as "Does America still produce anything?" and "The good jobs in manufacturing have all gone."
There is nostalgia for the good old days when there were plentiful well-paying jobs in manufacturing. And there is anger that successive U.S. administrations of both parties have negotiated trade deals, notably NAFTA and the admission of China into the World Trade Organization, that have undercut America's manufacturing base.
Smart Manufacturing is an initiative to bring about a revolution in manufacturing business strategy, turning traditional factories from cost centers into profitable innovation centers, through the integration of industrial automation, IIoT, and information technology including cloud services, 3-D models, mobile computing, intelligence and integration platforms.
7701 Las Colinas Ridge, Ste. 800, Irving, TX 75063