NEW - CE Article - Treating Acne in Skin of Color
1. Read the article.
2. Take the test, record your answers in the test answer section (Section B) on CE Registration Form.
3. Complete the CE Registration information (Section A) and Course Evaluation (Section C).
4. Mail completed CE Registration Form and fee to: PCI Journal, 484 Spring Avenue, Ridgewood, NJ 07450-4624.
5. This CE activity is approved through June 1, 2012.
Paramedical Consultants, Inc., publishers of the PCI Journal and WWU have been approved by the NCEA COA.
This educational activity has been approved for 1.0 CE - COA#PCIA0609
GENERAL PURPOSE STATEMENT
To provide the skin care professional with a review of Treating Acne In Skin of Color.
After reading this article and taking this test, the skin care professional will be able to:
1. Describe the treatment modalities used to treat ethnic skin.
2. Outline and understand the treatment options for acne and PIH
Download Full CE Article and CE Registration Form here
SDSS Thanks the Following for Exhibiting at the 7th Annual Meeting
SKIN MEDICA, INC.
SkinMedica is a specialty-dermatology company featuring a complete line of skincare dispensed by physicians. TNS Recovery Complex® is the only product with NouriCel-MD® (human growth factors found in healthy skin). In addition to the rejuvenating benefits of the entire aesthetic line, SkinMedica distributes Desonate™, EpiQuin® Micro, NeoBenz® Micro and VANIQA®. More
It is the position of the NCEA that:
1. Microcurrent devices intended to be used to help reduce the visible signs of aging, beautify and improve the appearance of the skin, utilizing low levels of electrical current in conjunction with skin care products, should be performed by estheticians.
2. Microcurrent procedures performed by estheticians, are not intended to cause a visible contraction of the muscle via the electrical current.
3. In addition to manufacturer supplied, device specific education, estheticians who wish to perform microcurrent procedures, should take the necessary education to include theoretical and practical application, as part of their core curriculum or as continuing education modules.
Disclaimer: The NCEA recommends that estheticians abide by Federal, State and Local Regulations.
Palomar Says FDA Approved At-home Wrinkle Laser
Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. said it has received approval to market a home-use laser device to treat wrinkles around the eyes.
Palomar said it received approval from the Food and Drug Administration to market the laser device over-the-counter and directly to consumers. The company currently markets light-based cosmetic treatment systems, including a lipolysis product. Palomar said the market for a laser that can treat wrinkles in the home, rather than in a doctor's office, could be in the billions of dollars.
Liposuction Using Water
from Fox 12
It helps many slim down, but liposuction isn't easy. It requires anesthesia and often leads to swelling, pain and days of bruising. New technology is helping patients look leaner without the long recovery -- and the secret ingredient is water. More
New Micro-beam Laser Vaporizes Lines, Wrinkles, Age Spots and Results Last Years
new method of anti-aging skin care has been developed by the University of Michigan, and it is offering the first real step in total laser treatment.
The treatment works to create a natural process which builds up collagen and is a non-surgical skin resurfacing using a fractionated carbon dioxide laser.
A Face from an Infomercial
from The New York Times
It used to be that a cosmetic surgery patient who was tired of sagging jowls would discreetly ask for names of reputable doctors who did face-lifts. A surgeon, building a practice as word of mouth about his skills spread, became, in effect, his own brand. But now face-lifts themselves are being branded. Certain minimally invasive procedures are marketed directly to patients in a one-size-fits-most approach. Patients pick an operation — usually after seeing it touted online, on TV or in magazines — and are referred by a national organization to a doctor. More
|Lasers and Light Therapy|
The Laser and Light addition is the first of it’s kind, offering a unique approach into the science and technology of laser and light systems.
For more informiaotn and to order Click here!