NOW AVAILABLE: NEW ACSM JOURNAL SITES WITH ENHANCED FEATURES, CAPABILITY
Some exciting changes have taken place on the Web sites for ACSM’s journals — changes that promise to enhance our journals’ readability, usability, and impact.
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW), the publisher of ACSM journals, recently went live with a new online journal platform. This is the next step in an ongoing journey to keep our journals at the forefront of electronic publishing. The journal sites will continue to evolve and become even more dynamic.
…and many other new features designed to enhance the ACSM journals’ readability, usability, and impact. Journal editors and ACSM staff are working toward further improvements in the months ahead, such as publish-ahead-of-print, additional media, and interactive/networking features. All in all, it is a major upgrade that will provide valuable new benefits and opportunities for ACSM members.
- New presentation of content, such as featured articles, Editor's Picks, “Most Viewed” and “Most Emailed” papers and more.
- New options for article delivery, including an enhanced HTML format for easier on-screen reading.
- New ways to customize the site, including saved searches, personal article collections, e-mail, RSS alerts, and more.
- New capabilities, such as exporting references into your favorite citation manager and exporting figures from full-text articles into PowerPoint.
- Ready access upcoming topics, and easy-to-find supplementary materials and media.
ACCESSING THE NEW FEATURES IS EASY!
Click here to login at the ACSM site to access your member journals. Once on the journal site, you just need to complete a one-time registration to access the customizable features for all LWW journals. Click here for a video tutorial.
ACSM Members – As a member benefit, you have direct access to journals from www.acsm.org. To access the electronic version of an ACSM journal:
- Go to www.acsm.org and click “Login” (top, right of Web page). Enter your ACSM member login and password.
- Upon successful login, click “My ACSM” (top, right of Web page). “My ACSM” provides a complete list of ACSM Member benefits, including access to journals under “Member Journals.” (Journal access varies by membership type; only journals included or added to your membership will be available.) Click on the title of the journal you want to read.
- To take advantage of new customization features on the journal Web site, set up an LWW login and password for use with any LWW-published journal. Click on “Register” in the top right corner of the home page and follow the instructions. This one-time registration will allow you to save searches, create article collections, and much more for any journal published by LWW. The next time you visit the journal site, simply login by entering your LWW username and password.