It's Time to Change the Way We Think About Sports Floor Care
A lot of times when we talk about innovation we talk about technology. We talk Silicon Valley, Facebook, Apple or Tesla. But in the Midwest, we know that innovation isn't all about pixels and bytes. The innovation that made America great was the development of innovative solutions to common problems. Recon™ developed by Hillyard, the company that's First In Gym Finishes®, fits that bill perfectly. It's an inspired product that is revolutionizing the sports floor coating industry and changing the way we think about wood sports floor care.
1GPA Newly Awarded Contracts
Athletic and Physical Education Equipment and Supplies – RFP # 18-09DP
- Alert Services
Instructional Materials and Supplies – RFP # 18-06DP
- Gopher Sport
- Medco Supply
- Nasco Education LLC
- Promaxima Mfg
- School Health Corporation
- School Specialty Inc
- Swim Shops of the Southwest
- Weldon, Williams, & Lick, Inc
- Asel Art Supply
JOC Facility Solutions (Supplemental) – RFP # 18-10P
- B&H Foto and Electronics Corp
- Blick Art Materials LLC
- Carnegie Learning Inc
- Carolina Biological Supply Co.
- Cengage Learning Inc/National Geographic
- Classroom Library Company
- Discount School Supply
- DreamBox Learning Inc
- Educator's Publishing Services (School Specialty Inc)
- ETA hand2mind
- Express Booksellers
- Failure Free Reading
- Follett School Solutions Inc
- Health Edco/Childbirth Graphics (WRS Group Ltd)
- Jade Distributing
- Junior Library Guild (MT Library Services)
- Kaplan Early Learning Company
- Lakeshore Learning Materials
- Lexia Learning Systems LLC
- Macie Publishing Company
- Marco Products Inc
- McGraw-Hill School Education LLC
- Mentoring Minds LP
- Nasco Education LLC
- National Educational System
- NewPath Learning LLC
- Okapi Educational Publishing Inc
- Premier Agendas (School Specialty Inc)
- Rallyl Education
- Russell's Educational Consulting
- Sargent Welch (VWR International LLC)
- Schmoop University Inc.
- School Specialty INC
- Sirius Education Solutions
- Steps to Literacy
- Supporting Science Inc
- Teacher Created Materials
- Teachers Discovery Inc
- TestOut Corporation
- Triarco Arts and Crafts
- Ward's Science (VWR International LLC)
- Waterford Research Institute
- Zoo-Phonics Inc
- EstimatingPluc LLC
Third Party Administration Retirement Plan Services – RFP # 18-13P
- Gilbane Building Company
- Rider Levett Bucknall LTD
- Omni Financial Group, Inc.
- TCG Administrators
- TSA Consulting Group, Inc.
- Transportation Routing, Planning, and Management Software – RFP # 18-01PV
- Website Design, Development and Hosting – RSP # 18-12PV
- Electronic Signs & Scoreboards – RFP #18-14PV
- Job Order Contracting for Mechanical Services – RFQ # 18-16PV
(Due Date is April 12, 2018)
- Staff Development (Category Based)
(Due Date is April 26, 2018)
- Janitorial Supplies
- Landscape Maintenance
Vendors interested in 1GPA should regularly check the 1GPA Current Solicitations Page and be sure that you have properly registered with Public Purchase. Please register directly with Public Purchase to receive notification of our solicitations. As a registered vendor, you will receive email notification of future proposal opportunities for the commodity categories selected in your registration.
| AASBO Spring Conference |
| NSBA Annual Conference |
San Antonio, TX
| SASBO Conference |
| Capitol Area Maintenance and Operations (CAMO) Vendor Fair |
| NIGP: Central Gulf Coast Chapter Annual Reverse Trade Show |
| TXPPA Summer Momentum Conference |
| ASA Summer Conference |
| National Charter School Conference |
| TASBO Summer Conference |
Corpus Christi, TX
| Texas Rural Educators Association Summer Conference |
Fort Worth, TX
Is your procurement fit for purpose?
'Every penny counts' – a familiar jingle that holds very true in the education sector. As schools walk the financial tightrope being procurement-savvy has never been more important.
Amazon tries its hand in school procurement
Procurement is a complicated process that can vary by state and school district. Typically, items a school wants to purchase that cost more than a certain amount must go through a bidding process to ensure transparent use of public taxpayer money.
In government procurement, buying local is popular. But is it beneficial?
This idea appeals to many jurisdictions, and to many contractors as well. But there are plenty of critics who are concerned about the potential impact on the quality of the bids and the difficulties in implementing the program.
Pentagon's $1 billion cloud deal may signal new era in government buying
In early February, a small Virginia-based company — REAN Cloud — that partners with Amazon Web Services announced a nearly $1 billion deal to provide cloud computing services for the Defense Department.
Procurement Perspectives: Assessing the true value of municipal consultants
Daily Commercial News
Governments are using consultants on a regular basis for most major projects.
Municipal consultants are used in various aspects of the project review. Consultant services are required but can present some risks to the municipality.
*Articles in this section are chosen from a variety of news sources. Clicking on them
will take you to the author's website. An article's inclusion here does not necessarily
imply 1GPA endorses, verifies or supports the content or opinion of the article.