The Association of Black Cardiologists, Inc. (ABC) is pleased to announce the Dr. Richard Allen Williams Scholarship for African American and other minority 1st or 2nd year medical students
who show promise in medical research, cardiology and academic medicine. This scholarship honors Richard Allen Williams, MD, FACC, FAHA, founder of the Association of Black Cardiologists and was created to promote diversity in medicine, encourage commitment to eliminating health care disparities and support future cardiologists, while helping to alleviate medical student debt.
(Two) $5,000 scholarships will be awarded to recipients in honor of Richard Allen Williams, MD, FACC, FAHA, founder of the ABC.
Winners will be announced by September 9, 2019. The scholarship recipients will be featured during the 10th Annual Spirit of the Heart
Awards Dinner on October 12 at the InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown in Los Angeles, CA.
Awards are based upon the following criteria:
- Demonstrated ability, interest, and participation in the promotion of health for the African American community
- Participation in research or other extracurricular activities, demonstrated academic pursuits and clinical acumen
- Proven leadership during his or her academic pursuits
- A one-page statement of interest
- Official medical school transcript
- Recent curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation from a professor at current medical school
If unable to submit electronically, send documents to Katrese Phelps McCullum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply has been extended to Wednesday, August 28!